Thursday, December 16, 2010

Please Pray for Former Premier Ralph Klein

Today we hear that popular former Alberta Premier Ralph Klein is seriously ill.  He has COPD (emphysema) which is lung disease that has no cure so far. 

He  was mayor of Calgary in  when he hosted the 1988 Winter Olympics and did a great job at that as a matter of fact.

He was a very approachable premier who wasn't afraid to hang out with regular Albertans. He's a straight shooter and not afraid to tell you like it is. His greatest accomplishment was in his first term where he took on an economy which had been left devastated by Trudeau's  NEP and other factors.  We had a debt and deficit that he successfully  was able to turn around. He stood up for Alberta  against the minions in Ottawa. Some days when Ed Stelmach and Co. screw up I pine for the old Klein days.

Now that he's ill the least we can do is pray for him and stand behind him as he battles this horrible disease.  
God's speed and I pray that God will see fit to heal you of this.   There are many who are in your corner and support you. Don't forget that God still does perform miracles.

4 comments:

  1. You are right that CPOD (emphysema) has no cure. But Ralph is far from the end of his string if he has just been diagnosed. Don`t throw him on the bone pile just yet. I have CPOD ie. emphysema and was diagnosed 12 years ago. I use 3 different inhalers 4 to 6 times a day and I am on oxygen 24 hrs a day now and believe me my life is far from over if I can help it. If Ralph stops smoking and looks after himself he has many years of productivity left. A person may not be able to live the same lifestyle they have always enjoyed with this disease but you can still live a full life of satisfying different things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that Bob. I pray for you too that God may bless you and that you may have many more years with us yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad news indeed... My prayers will include Ralph and Bob. My Mum had chronic obstructive lung disease and she lived with it for a very long time, so there is hope. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SeanM,I'm sorry to hear about your Mom. That's great she was able to live a long time with her condition. Yes I do agree with you there is hope. All we have to do is put our faith in God and trust that He will see us through.

    ReplyDelete

This is my home. I hope you respect it. I will not tolerate profanity or anything that is not suitable for family consumption.