Sandy from Cruxofthematter has done yeoman's work complying all of them.I thought I would remind you of just a few that she has been able to put together for the rest click on the link above . There are 70 in total.
- Accountability/Lobbying Act — Passed July 2, 2008 (Link)
- Age of Consent Legislation – Raised from 14 to 16 effective May 1, 2008 (Link)
- Agent Orange Compensation Package of $96 Million –$20,000 to all veterans and civilians who lived within 5 kilometers of CFB Gagetown in N.B.when Agent Orange was sprayed over a seven day period in 1966 and 1967 (Link)
- Air India Final Report of the Commission of Inquiry – PM Harper apologies to the friends and relatives of all those who died in that disaster (Link)
- Apology to Native People – By the Government of Canada on June 11, 2008 for residential school abuses (Link)
- Arctic Sovereignty a Priority – One of the Harper gov’t's highest priority is the protection of Canada’s Arctic sovereignty (Link)
- Auto Theft and Property Crime Bill – Legislation passed that would crack down on auto theft and trafficking in property that is obtained by crime (Link)
- Child Pornography Reporting by Persons who Provide an Internet Service Act (C-22)
– by toughening laws that protect children from adult sexual predators by making it mandatory for Internet service suppliers to report such online actions (Link)
- Child Tax Credit – $2000 for every child under eighteen (Link to all the family tax credits)
- Chinese Head Tax Apology– By the government on June 22, 2006 (Link) (Link)
There is much more that can be done especially if we elect a Conservative majority. They released their five point platform yesterday "Here for Canada" and I encourage everyone to go and read it all. You can find it here.
They have basically focused on five priorities.
The “Here for Canada” plan focuses on five key priorities:It's a very good sound plan to move our country forward. You know what to do if you want this plan implemented.
- Creating jobs through training, trade and low taxes.
- Supporting families through our Family Tax Cut and more support for seniors and caregivers.
- Eliminating the deficit by 2014-2015 by controlling spending and cutting waste.
- Making our streets safe through new laws to protect children and the elderly.
- Standing on guard for Canada by investing in the development of Canada’s North, cracking down on human smuggling and strengthening the Canadian Armed Forces.
That Conservative majority is achievable but we can't sit on our butts hoping for it to happen. We must get out there and work. Volunteer, donate,etc. Yes I know we're ahead but don't take that for granted. There is much work to be done. Remind voters of all the accomplishments that have been made and there can be much more done only if we elect a Conservative government. They others will spend us into oblivion and make our streets less safe.
So let's get to work! More importantly on May 2 get out and vote!!!!